Friday, July 29, 2005

Paw Painting

I'll start this post by saying I'm a pet lover. Even rescued a dog from a vet clinic I worked in while going to school. So, you could say, I'm pretty familiar with the concept that dogs LOVE paint. Something about the smell.

Anyway. The other day, I'm getting set up to paint a hall way. There are two dogs in the house, so I know I have to be careful wherever I decide to put the paint lids, brushes, etc. I noticed that one of the rooms next to the hall was blocked off by a child gate. I knew it was absolutely brilliant of my to think to put the extra paint supplies in there. That way the dogs could move about in the hall and I wasn't freaking out every 5 minutes.

This worked great. Until, I was up a ladder and the doorbell rang. The lady of the house went to answer the door and temporarily put both dogs behind the gate with pink paint and white carpet. Yeah, you can just imagine how that turned out!

So, both the nice customer and I are on our hands and knees trying to get the pink paw prints off the carpet before it soaks in. She couldn't say sorry enough. She said the dogs were not allowed in the room, but she wanted to make sure they didn't bother me. So, she tossed them in, not knowing that I had set up a painting extravaganza for them to romp through.

On the up side. Since the dogs were covered in this lovely color for awhile. The neighbors got to see what color they had painting the walls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home