Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Fireplace After



Ok, so I missed the Before picture here. But, it was boring. I can tell you that. If a fireplace is supposed to be a visual point in a room, than I say go all the way! The burning red color that this customer went with (a bit hesitantly at first) really made a huge difference in the room. We did balance out the other walls with a lighter tan color to match the furniture and design of the rest of the rooms. Although the customer was a little nervous to go from plain white walls to this fire invoking color, she was thrilled with the results.

3 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

Nice job!
I'm thinking of painting one of my kitchen walls a very similar shade of red. The other walls will be a pale yellow. It's a bold attempt and I understand it can be a bit scary. I think it will be great.
Any professional thoughts about that?

9:28 PM  
Blogger Rufo's World said...

Go red!
If you are looking to add some life to your house and want to visually warm up the room, I definitely say you should go with a strong color like red. Ya know...they also say red stimulates the appetite. So, red is great for a kitchen (unless of course you're on a diet).

9:55 PM  
Blogger Okgirl Speaks said...

Wow...that looks great. My dining room is a barn red (with some brown), I absolutely love it. You have inspired me to post some pics of what we have done. I have some up on my website, but wow...you guys have done a great job!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home